Start: Wed 4th Oct 17
Finish: Thursday 8th Feb 18
Length: 18 weeks
The course is a mix of face-to-face and online learning, written assignments as well as coaching practice in the workplace. There are 3 day long workshops, and the rest can be delivered as and when convenient.
The programme is made up of three units:
• Understanding good practice in workplace coaching covers the role of coaching, basic coaching processes and the abilities and qualities you need to be a good coach.
• Undertaking coaching in the workplace; including coaching individuals in the workplace for at least 6 hours.
• Reflecting on workplace coaching skills; building a reflective practice assessing your own practice and skill as a coach.
What is Coaching?
At its heart, coaching is the idea that people often have the solutions to their own issues, but sometimes need some help to find them.
In a working world where management is less and less about command and control, and more about giving people the autonomy and support to perform to their best, coaching is in increasing demand among organisations and individuals alike.
When it works best, coaching is a process that empowers the participant and helps unlock their potential, while benefitting the coach too.
Why become a Coach?
Whether you’re an aspiring manager, starting in your first management role, or working in middle management, training to become a coach has a variety of specific benefits that can improve your own performance, including:
• Better communication and interpersonal skills
• Better delegation and delivery
• Better problem-solving
• Better conflict resolution
• Better decision making
• Better ability to develop those you manage
Trained coaches also have a positive impact on their teams and entire organisations, so employers profit from:
Why Train with Koreo?
Koreo is a talent consultancy dedicated to social change. We mobilise talent to address the defining issues of our time, and we do that by developing people, organisations and networks.
Day-to-day we support our partners and clients, like Mind, Unilever, Metropolitan Housing, and NSPCC with a number of bespoke services including: action learning; strategy development; team mapping;and profiling and workshops and training.
Coaching is part of this mix. Our highly skilled team have been providing 1-2-1 coaching; training people to become coaches; and introducing coaching approaches into organisations as part of management and leadership development for over 20 years.
Along with our depth of experience, you’ll gain:
• A recognised qualification in coaching from the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) – the leading professional membership body for leaders, managers, coaches and mentors
• Support to develop your coaching skills from the Koreo team over the 18 weeks of the programme
• A clear and structured understanding of how coaching works and how best to implement coaching models and techniques
• The opportunity to spend time out of work to reflect on your current workplace and personal development
• A supportive peer group interested in social change and motivated to develop a similar skill set and an expanded professional network
• One year free membership of the ILM and use of their extensive learning resources
We have a limited number of 20 places available.
To sign up or if you have any further questions about the course or our trainers, please get in touch with our Development Manager Floree
Phone: +44 (0) 203 620 5252
A process to help people find solutions to work problems.See more